[time-nuts] EZGPIB and Racal-Dana 1992 Counter

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Thu Jun 19 03:23:25 EDT 2008

Ed,

to my own pleasure this problem has been solved completely!

As it turned out the situation is: No matter what EOS settings you may
otherwise have made using the ibConfig function or the ibEOS function,
the GPIB32.DLL's "receive" function (that i use for reasons beyond this
discussion) will need to be told explicitely to use EITHER the EOI line
OR (exclusive or!) a certain EOS char.

I set the default now to using a EOS char of 0x0A (line feed) and
everythings works ok. I included two new procedures to enable/disable
the use of EOS and to set the EOS char. I am sure that this will cure
your problem.

BTW: The 1992 counter is now the first instrument that I get acquainted
with that does not serve the EOI line or can be told to do so. Their
"bigger brother" 1996 can, at least mine.

The new version of EZGPIB can be downloaded from the usual place.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert