[time-nuts] FTS-4060M/S24 ROM

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 06:48:36 EDT 2008

I am now fairly sure that the issues with my 4060 are due to a bad EPROM image or some other problem with the CPU card.  When I start an ALIGN sequence you see the beam current jump up to the same point as when you turn MOD off.  From then on,  nothing else happens.   I would assume that the ALIGN sequence should start scanning the control voltage and looking for the central peak.  I also do not get the ALIGN sequence at power on.  It appears that the code in the ROM that performs the ALIGN sequence is bad.  The rest of the code/cpu seems to be working properly since I can do a manual align and maniupulate all the front panel controls.

My EPROM is marked 05030-001 Rev -  My unit is serial number 255.  Does anybody have a dump of the 4060 ROM,  a copy of the ROM, a spare CPU board, etc?  Also can anybody with a 4060 tell me what happens during their ALIGN sequence?

Mark

BTW,  my EPROM is soldered (!) into a screw machine IC socket.  I will have to do some surgery to remove it.