[time-nuts] TAPR now open for Thunderbolt orders

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Jun 21 14:38:14 EDT 2008

> John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > We're happy to announce that TAPR is now accepting orders from time-nuts
> > subscribers for the Trimble Thunderbolt GPSDO units.
>
> Great news. :-)
>
> Thank you to all that have made this possible, I've just placed my order.

John A. won't say this because it'll look like self-promotion, but I will,
since I'm not an officer of TAPR. Give some thought to signing up for a TAPR
membership when you order your Thunderbolt.  It's only an extra $20, and it
seems like a good way to say 'thanks' for setting up an incredible deal.
They're effectively giving everybody on the list a TAPR member discount, and
then some.  This isn't the first time they've done something like this.

I'd never bothered to sign up with TAPR until recently, since I'm not in
Tucson, Arizona and I'm not involved with packet radio.  (It's way past time
to rename your organization, guys, but that's a subject for another forum.)

-- john, KE5FX