[time-nuts] NTPD & PPS on OpenSolaris

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Mon Jun 23 07:01:45 EDT 2008

[sorry about new thread ID - I've gone to digest mode and Thuderbird
can't figure out to what it is replying.]

Magne wrote:

> OpenSolaris is still running with NTP version 3, but v.4 is enroute.
> All the standard clock drivers should be working (I've only used
> NMEA and PPS myself, with success).

So functionality is available in the standard OpenSolaris kernel?

> I'll check with the integration team and see if I can get a schedule
> for the v.4 code...  The porting and the new kernel support code has
> been ready for quite some time.

Thanks.  I won't be building this machine until November/December, so
hopefully everything should be there by then.  Yes!  Finally I get ZFS!

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/