[time-nuts] Thunderbolt and USB to RS232 converters

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Wed Jun 25 04:04:16 EDT 2008

Dear All,

OK, thanks for the FTDI chip tip! I opened up mine, the chips they used
are the PL2303 and the ZT213.

The PL2303 is used for the USB to serial (TTL) conversion, the ZT213 is
comparable to the MAX232 and the like. I will try to find another USB to
serial converter (with the FTDI chip) and see if the behaviour changes.

Best regards, Jeroen

--
Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Instrumentation Laboratory
Mekelweg 4, Room 13.090
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands

Phone: +31.15.27.86542
Fax: +31.15.27.85755
E-mail: J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
GPS: Lat N52.00002 Lon E4.37157 Alt 46.2m