[time-nuts] New (old) receiver

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Mar 5 03:11:01 EST 2008

k7hbg at dslextreme.com wrote:
> Hi everybody;
>  I just got a Motorola Oncore+ GPS receiver for use with a disciplined
> Frequency standard I'm building and was wondering if anyone could tell me
> if it will be useful for this purpose.
>  The part number is R5122U1154. I know it's a bit late to ask this
> question after the purchase but I didn't find out till now that there are
> many receiver models for different uses. A learning moment for my
> education.
>  Regards, Bob K7hbg

It should be usable, though not the best firmware in the one you have.
It is the same as the UT+ receiver that is in my Z3816a disciplined
standard.

Go here:
http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2006-April/thread.html#20635
and read the messages in the thread(s)
"
<http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2006-April/020646.html>[time-nuts]
Oncore GPS models" especially those by Randy Warner.

Also, there is this file:
http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/msg02675/UTFirmwareHistory-v1.1.pdf

And here is one source for Oncore documentation.
http://gpsd.berlios.de/vendor-docs/motorola/