[time-nuts] James Knights ovenized crystal

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 03:47:00 EST 2008

When I was working on military electronics in the 60s,
crystals in ovens often had octal sockets.
Inside the package there was a mechanical thermal switch
on an aluminium casing around the crystal with a heater
wrapped around it.
Two pins will be the crystal, there may be more than one shield,
two pins will run the heater, and you may have a pin from the
switched side of the heating element to run the indicator lamp
on the front panel.
good luck with getting it going,
Neville Michie