[time-nuts] Mounting GPS Antenna on Steel Roof

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Mar 8 01:31:44 EST 2008

For isolation of digital signals such as RS-232 (before level translation),
it's hard to find something more amazing than the Analog Device ADuM5241

http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,ADUM5241,00.html

It's an SO-8 device, with two digital channels, isolated to 2500V (!) and a
built-in power converter that delivers 5V @ 10mA.
All in an SO-8 package. The power converter runs at 300 MHz.
But wait, it costs <$3 in 1,000 pcs quantity.
They have other options in the same series, with more channels (in a larger
package).

After seeing that, the LTC 1535 from Linear Technology, which would be
pretty amazing in it's own right, looks pretty dull:

http://www.linear.com/pc/productDetail.jsp?navId=H0,C1,C1007,C1017,P1746

Didier KO4BB