[time-nuts] Rubidium Oscillators and Racal 1992

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Wed Mar 12 07:16:17 EDT 2008

Ulrich Bangert, DF6JB wrote:

> So a better phrase would be that the lamps voltage is an indicator of
> the lamp's health IF and ONLY IF everything else is sane. Don't blame
> the lamp before you have checked the temperature and the exciting
> field's frequency.

Agreed completely. I'm not yet convinced that the worst unit
(5.1 lamp volt, now set to 6.5) is actually the worst one of
the four LPROs. It is the most recent one, made after 2000,
and maybe something else should be checked.
I've not adjusted any resistive trimmers so far, but some are
present on the board. The capacitive trimmer was intuitive
being on the lamp assembly, but the other adjutsing points
would require a bit of reverse engineering (no doc available).

Regards,
Antonio I8IOV