[time-nuts] R&S SMA-100A problems

Murray Greenman murray at rakon.co.nz
Wed Mar 12 21:32:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have here a reasonably new Rohde & Swartz  SMA-100A RF Generator -
nice unit, but several times in the last year it has lost its memory
through flattening its Lithium battery prematurely. On previous
occasions it's gone back to the agents, but their response has been
rather less than stunning.

As well as needing to replace the battery more often than we'd like, the
big problem is that the generator forgets what it is supposed to do and
will not boot into its operating program - it just shows the R&S splash
screen.

Does anyone know (a) of any problems related to the backup battery life;
and (b) how to force the unit to wake up when we have replaced the
battery?

Thanks in advance,

Murray ZL1BPU