[time-nuts] PRN 7 launched

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 17 11:32:27 EDT 2008

From: "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] PRN 7 launched
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 06:49:03 -0700

> > Hi fellow time-nuts,
> >
> > I just want to bring to your attention that PRN 7 is now launched and part of
> > the almenac. I suspect it will take a few weeks for it to be set healthy, but
> > the constellation now has 32 sats and soon 32 in normal operation.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Magnus
>
> And now today SVN32 (not PRN32) will be set unhealthy.
>
>     Why is SVN32 Being Set to Unhealthy?
>     http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=503199

Actually, what I suspect is happening is that the final Cesium was burning out
and since the other clocks are dead on SVN32, it is a correct move to set SVN32
to unhealthy. It is long overdue anyway (1992-11).

A recent health-overview of the constellation is available here:
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/cgsic/meetings/47thMeeting/%5B08%5D%20CGSIC%20Constellation%20Status%2047A.pdf

You find SVN32 in F6 on the lower right. If my info is right, PRN07 is put in
the A4 slot, since SVN25 and SVN27 is both in a bad state. So putting a new
sat there makes sense.

Cheers,
Magnus