[time-nuts] 58532a ANTENNA CABLE?

jshank j-shank at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 14:39:07 EDT 2008

There appears to be three software-monitoring programs available, GPSCon
Pro, GPS Control & SatStat.  I was just curious about what the group thinks
of these three programs or if there are any other available.

The Z3801A manual suggest rg-213 of lmr-400.  I have neither on hand but am
not apposed to purchasing either.

I do have rg58/u and coax CATV cable on hand but the problem is that it is a
difficult process to run the cable from my basement lab to the second floor
attic and I only o want to do it once.  Originally, I was going to penetrate
the roof at the ridgeline and install the antenna on a one foot but I
understand it is possible to receive singles from under the plywood/asphalt
shingle roof. Is it worth a penetration of the roof?

Jeff