[time-nuts] TADD-1 six channel RF distribution amplifier

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Mar 28 15:51:59 EDT 2008

> The phase plots on tvb's web site
> http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tadd-1/3phase2.gif show  that the device's
> temperature was never stabilized. The closest to being stable is at the 29
> minute point on that plot.
>
> Particularly when the phase value goes up (not sure if it's when temperature
> goes up or down), because the phase was still changing at a pretty high rate
> when the compressor changed state. I think Tom should rerun that test with a
> much slower cycling, to make sure the phase was stable before the compressor

Agreed. Actually, I don't have that A/C anymore so future
tempco tests won't have that rapid cycling.

> was turned on (or off). Since the phase excursion was not complete, the
> 150pS/degree is probably underestimated.
>
> My guess is that the period should be at least doubled.

Yeah, I think so.

The main conclusion I had when I made those plots was that
the input filter was a bad idea, at least if the TADD was to be
used for precision work.

> Didier KO4BB

/tvb