[time-nuts] Adding prescaler to HP 5334B

Robert Berg bob.b at pobox.com
Mon Mar 31 20:55:04 EDT 2008

Having seen it discussed, I was wondering whether anyone has actually added
the Schottky diodes and prescaler chip to a 5334B to provide a C-channel
input. The matched Schottky quads (5082-2831) are no longer available, and
even the recommended replacements (5082-2303) seem scarce.  Was thinking of
trying 1N5711s, which can be obtained as matched sets, although probably not
on my budget. How critical is the need to use matched sets? The NEC
UPB1507GV-ACT-ND looks promising for the prescaler, if the small form factor
isn't too minute to handle.

Bob
WA7ZRX