No subject

Mon Mar 10 20:03:53 EDT 2008

other than the SVEESIX.
I believe that the Placer was "updated" to the firmware intended for a unit
with the SVEESIX internals.
In that the Placer GPS400 is no longer supported, the correct "update" isn't
available from Trimble.  I was hoping that someone here would have the
correct file(s) needed to make the Placer operate.  We can communicate with
the user interface portion, set the unit ID, and request messages (only in
the Trimble format), but the position solution message(s) all indicate the
'initial position' information (Silicon Valley, home of Trimble Navigation.

Can I make this back into a GPS receiver, or is it now a poor substitute for
a paper weight?

Bob