No subject

Mon Mar 10 20:03:53 EDT 2008

Faintly the WWV signal was fading in and out as well. At times I could hear both
stations together.  Finally the foreign station became strong again at 3:57am.
Sure enough the announcement sequence started during the 3:58am minute.  This
time around I was ready for the voice.  The station ID was “BPM.”  Chinese
Amateur call signs start with the letter “B,” so I figure it is a Chinese time
station.  I did recognize the Chinese language at the top of the hour.

Trying to stay awake to see how long this propagation path would last, I fell
asleep after 4:30am leaving the receiver on while telling myself to check the
call sign later.  Several times I drifted into a semiconscious state hearing the
BPM station.  I could have been dreaming but I do not think so.  Very early
daylight might be a good time for propagation to Asia.

Of course I have Googled and sure enough BPM is the Chinese time station.
Haven’t chased after QSL cards in  a long time.  This is one I sure am going to
request and see what happens.

Bill....WB6BNQ