[time-nuts] Favorite DC power Supply?

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Fri May 2 01:57:02 EDT 2008

Patrick,

since I own it I am in love with my HP6632A power supply. It is rated 20
V / 5 A in whatever combination you need it, can be used as constant
voltage or constant current source. It can source current as any other
power supply but it can also sink current. In constant voltage mode it
can sink current up to its 5 A reading, in constant current modes it
sinks the desired current. It is a system power supply so don't expect
banana terminals on the front. Be prepared to built a box of your on
with terminals and two big diameter cables and 2 small diameter cables
(for feedback) running to the screw terminals on the back side. Its
original price is above your limit but used ones in good condition are
sold @ 300-350 Euro in Europe which is well within your 600 $ limit. IT
IS programmable but just don't look at this feature. It also serves for
the benchtop very well.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert