[time-nuts] Measuring 10 MHz accurately.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed May 7 16:51:37 EDT 2008

Hi Martyn,

you may be able to use a Wavecrest DTS-2070 or better DTS-2075 Time  Interval
Analyzer for this.

It has up to 40K samples/second capture capability, with  +/-25ps single-shot
accuracy, <<10ps RMS noise,  and 800  Femtoseconds resolution.

If you can capture the data via GPIB, you should be able to calculate  better
than 1E-012 per second with the massive over-sampling the unit  can do.

See:

   _http://www.wavecrest.com/technical/pdf/2079003A.pdf_
(http://www.wavecrest.com/technical/pdf/2079003A.pdf)

These used to cost $60K+, now you can get them for $500 on Ebay.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 5/7/2008 09:53:29 Pacific Daylight Time,