[time-nuts] Dranetz meter

TheInfamousFlavio at hotmail.com TheInfamousFlavio at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 14:46:50 EDT 2008

Where did you get the batteries?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stanley Reynolds" <stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com>
To: <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 14:11
Subject: [time-nuts] Dranetz meter

Found what I considered a deal on a 646 Dranetz meter, it has plenty of
inputs, 3 phase, single phase A/C, and one each 200VPK A/C, 100VDC inputs.
Dial-in modem, RS232, and Printer interfaces for logging.
It appears to be working well but I had to look inside, found 3 leaking AA
nicad cells on the CPU board and 12 more in a battery pack that needed to be
replaced.
This is just a reminder to look for leaky batteries inside all your older
stuff like computers and desktop digital multi-meters before you have a
toxic mess.
15 batteries at $1.25 each not too bad to keep acid off the circuit boards.