[time-nuts] HP Z3801A Communications

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat May 17 21:15:47 EDT 2008

w1ksz at earthlink.net writes:

Thanks  for the replies, but I wanted to know if I could access the  internal
program without converting the data port.
It looks like the  answer is no, so time to dis-embowel this thing and  modify
it.

--------------
Hi Dick

In theory, the answer ought to be "yes" but, having bought an  RS422 card a
few years ago specifically to avoid having to convert my  Z3801A I never did
manage to get it talking and did the conversion anyway.
After that, no problem:-)

The modification might seem a bit daunting at first but really is very
straightforward and does make life a lot easier.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR