[time-nuts] antenna for t-bolt

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue May 20 19:20:11 EDT 2008

I have a Trimble Bullet, a Symmetricom HP 58532 and an inexpensive mag-mount
patch antenna. All are amplified. As far as how many sats they see, they are
roughly equivalent. Of course, the Bullet and HP units have narrow filters
and better defined capture range (to reject reflections from the sides which
can cause multipath) so they must be better for timing, but in a pinch, the
patch antenna works fine for casual frequency reference applications. So
far, I do not have a better reference to determine for sure which antenna
works best, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Didier KO4BB

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
5:24 PM