[time-nuts] Tek 602, no trace

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 8 00:30:17 UTC 2008

Richard Moore skrev:

> Magnus, a few thoughts that have most likely already occurred to you --
> 1) HV supply failure -- I think it will be around 2 or 3kV if working.

It's 3,9 kV. There is a test point, but I need to dig up a very old HV
probe lying around somewhere in the junk. Finally I get some use for
it... maybe

> 2) X or Y deflection amp has failed, moving the trace offscreen.

The X deflection amp seems to work at least.

> 3) CRT heater dead.

No, I have a very faint ligthening up on the screen which the horizontal
control can move on or off screen. I need to shield the screen from
light to see it. It's so out of focus that it hits the full screen.
Could be an HV issue, but I am not sure at this moment.

> Either 1 or 2 should be easy to detect. Having the manual will
> certainly help with repair. 3, however, is really discouraging.

Certainly. I have enought of large scopes at a friends place to be able
to salvage tubes before being tossed. I even think he still has the
spare tube NOS. :)

Cheers,
Magnus