[time-nuts] Checking accuracy of Rubidium standards

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 22:08:45 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a plan which involves the dividing down of the 10MHz of a GPSDO
and a rubidium (LPRO) to about 1MHz or 100kHZ and applying them to a
XOR or D latch to get a PWM signal that can be averaged for a strip
chart recorder or
12 bit analogue data logger. The DC output gives a range of 5 volts
for one
microsecond or 10 microseconds phase difference and folds back if
this difference is exceeded.
The data from the datalogger is in a format that a spreadsheet can use.
With time and phase measurements I wonder how hard it is to get Allen
variance.
I realise the PWM method requires a low pass filter and this will
prevent short period
variances from being calculated.
cheers, Neville Michie