[time-nuts] Checking the Frequency of a Rubidium Oscillator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 12 07:40:11 UTC 2008

WB6BNQ skrev:
> GEEZ,
>
> After all this discussion, it sounds like he should consider 2 Cs space devices,
> one main and a secondary.

Actually, I would pick rubidium sources unless extreme stability and
offset is needed. The longer lifetime and less weight compared to Cs
devices would be a better fit. Another option would be to use an OCXO
and tune it over the telemetry channel which may prove sufficient if
telemetry is timely spaced such that worst case drifts can be
compensated out. The benefit in weight of such a solution is even
greater. Weight and power budget is much more limiting factor than any
of the labs we guys run.

Cheers,
Magnus