[time-nuts] Oh the horror

Thomas A. Frank ka2cdk at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 00:43:18 UTC 2008

Since we're telling horror stories...

Circa 1990, I had a really nice strip chart recorder in a half height
roll-around rack.  Shipped it to the field for some work, everything
was fine.  Shipped it back; it made it all the way to our facilities
heavy freight guys in perfect condition.  It was the last item all
the way at the front of a 40 foot tractor-trailer...

Guy A rolls it quite vigorously toward the back of the truck where
Guy B is waiting...and B watches and does nothing as it rolls right
past him, off the end, and falls 4 feet to the pavement.  He then
hops down, rights the now bent 45 degree rack, and rolls it into the
building like nothing happened.  While several of were watching the
whole incident with slack jaws!

My management talks to their management...and I'm still without a
strip chart recorder to this day.

Tom Frank, KA2CDK