[time-nuts] Leap second glitches on NTP using Z3801A

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Nov 17 04:56:14 UTC 2008

In message: <fbddc0730811162002l2e83889am8ec50910d4c3df35 at mail.gmail.com>
            "Eric Garner" <garnere at gmail.com> writes:
: Ascending from Lurk Mode, I have a (possibly stupid) question: according to
:
: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/leapsec.html
:
: and Tony Jones's book "The Story of Atomic Time" GPS time does not
: account for leap seconds, So why does it alert you to them?

GPS's almanac contains the GPS to UTC offset (current, and future).
It is repeated every 20 minutes, which means it can take 20 minutes
for a cold startup to learn the current number of leapseconds...

Warner

: -eric
: