[time-nuts] Why/when did cell towers switch to 15 MHz?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Nov 18 05:23:26 UTC 2008

> Who said 10Mhz was a standard? If it was all ham radios would have a
> 10 Mhz input to replace the internal reference.

I was thinking of de facto standard rather than official/legal standard.

Both the Z3801A (and more recent HP/Spectracom units) and the Trimble
Thunderbolt have 10 MHz outputs.

All the low cost telco Rubidium boxes I've read about have a 10 MHz output.

Lots and lots of lab gear uses 10 MHz, both in and out.