[time-nuts] CPU frequency and NTP crazyness.

Ryan ryanbytes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:45:24 UTC 2008

Sorry for the months later response but I figured out my problem with
NTP not working correctly on my Athlon XP machine running Windows XP.
Too much time on my hands and the struggle for some perfection in my
life at the moment led me to NTP again. As I did before I used the
Meinberg windows install for the NTP package. I can't remember if
there was an option to disable the multimedia timer in the setup on
the installer of the older package but on the latest release there
was. I disabled the multimedia timer for the hell of it and let NTP
go. So far it looks like NTP is working great. There are no insane
jumps in offset like there was before. Everything is converging nicely
making me one happy camper.