[time-nuts] TBolt in the house!

Richard Moore richiem at hughes.net
Thu Nov 20 23:27:45 UTC 2008

Hi, nuts -- I just got my TBolt from h-whole-bunch-of-b's-bob in
China. He nicely gave me the time-nuts discount, and also included a
power connector with pigtail leads. Including shipping, it was $175
and it took 7 days to get here in W. Wash. You can find him and these
units on eBay at:  http://stores.ebay.com/High-precision-Osc-from-China

It's date code is 3/19/05.
The App Ver is 3.00  6/27/2.
GPS Core is 10.02  11/14/1.
ID is 96.
s/n is 82331036  3/7/5.

It's up and running in a top-of-bench way, and I have a few Qs:
1)  What are good params to use for the loop to get best frequency
acc'y and stability?
2)  Is there a firmware upgrade you recommend?
3)  What V/Hz figure do you all recommend? It's at what must be a
default of -5...
4)  DAC voltage is +0.0633...  Is this a fairly normal value?
5)  I downloaded Tboltmon v. 2.60 and it works great with my 232>USB
adapter, but DSPMon does not see the data at all -- no TX or RX. Does
it not work with this vintage/version of TBolt?

Best,
Dick Moore