[time-nuts] Do any regulations or laws require time to be accurate within 'x' seconds?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 21 04:03:56 UTC 2008

http://www.oup.com/us/pdf/houp/10_3.pdf
OATS Reporting Technical Specifications, NASD
OATS == Order Audit Trail System

All computer system clocks and mechanical time stamping devices must be
synchronized to within three seconds of the National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST) atomic clock. Any time provider may be used for
synchronization, however, all clocks and time stamping devices must remain
accurate within a three-second tolerance of the NIST clock.