[time-nuts] Finding a good antenna location?

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Fri Nov 21 15:11:47 UTC 2008

I recently picked up a Thunderbolt on eBay.  For the present, I will be
using it with the antenna inside, and have been experimenting with various
window locations for the best signals.  Even small changes in position make
a significant difference in the individual satellite signals, though
fortunately there are several locations which are qualitatively good in
terms of the number with acceptable signal strengths.

My question is whether there is a general "goodness of reception" parameter,
or process, which would allow me to at least semi-quantitatively find the
"best" antenna location?  The constant motion of the satellites seems to
preclude the normal "tune for maximum" approach.

Apologies if I missed this, and thanks for the great info I did find in the
archives.

Alan
WA4SCA