[time-nuts] M12+T more confusion

Norman J McSweyn normn3ykf at stny.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 22:32:07 UTC 2008

Matt Osborn wrote:
> I'm not a Labview expert, but I've seen Labview do that with messages
> from other devices. Labview (or more likely, its programmer) has
> issues dealing with threading issues.
>
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:58:36 -0500, Norman J McSweyn
> <normn3ykf at stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen:
>> Why would the M12+T swap the order of messages?
>>
>> I write @@Hn and @@Eq in that order to the board and it gives it back to
>>  me in reverse order.
>>
>> Tried @@Cf then resending the messages. Still the same. Then did it AND
>> swapped the order of the messages. Still the same.
>>
>> The manual says it's first in, first out regarding the serial buffer.
>>
>> I'm using Labview 8.
>>
>> Norm n3ykf

Matt,
Could be a loose nut issue. However, using different messages as a test
reveals that "first in first out" in different circumstances is the
behaviour.

The first part of this .vi just writes a string to the device.
The second reads the buffer (and loops).
After reading the buffer, I flush it. Just to make sure that I will get
a clean read next iteration.

Any pointers to troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated.

Why would threading have anything to do with it?

Just for giggles, I'll try not closing the Visa session until the .vi
completes.
73 de Norm n3ykf