[time-nuts] GPSDO using 100Hz

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 18:27:56 UTC 2008

Mike

Neither do I, know how to reply to a post that is. This may be the blind leading the blind
and end up in some unknown place.
True it would be simpler to use the High freq Osc directly but it would not be accurate.
The problem with just using the High freq as you suggested is that it is not at any known, exact or even constant  frequency.
The divider  number can change for each low freq cycle. Example if the master freq was say 0.2520 Hz high then
every forth second the divider would add 1 extra divide count and every 500th second it would divide by an additional extra clock time,
therefore skipping 11 divides every 500 seconds.

Regards,
Warren