[time-nuts] A loran-C signal movie...

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Nov 26 08:25:42 UTC 2008

In message <492C87DD.2010705 at wwrinc.com>, "David M. Witten II" writes:
>Very interesting!
>
>I had recently read the information on your website and, having all of
>the necessary pieces, had decided that I wanted to try to duplicate your
>project.  But I was unsure whether it had really worked out to your
>satisfaction and whether you were still using the system.  My questions
>are answered!
>
>Perhaps I will get some time over the holidays to assemble a similar
>system and see if it works here in the remote reaches of the Midwestern US.

I would be very interested in that myself, I have not been able to
decide if the 4-digit GRI's here in Europe is a big benefit S/N wise
or if it will work just as well on 3-digit GRI's like you have in
USA.

It certainly stands no chance with the 1-digit GRI (8000) of Chayka.
Since the averaging period becomes divisible by 1ms all integer
kHz transmissions survive filtering.