[time-nuts] 10 MHz over optical fiber?

Didier didier at cox.net
Thu Nov 27 00:38:22 UTC 2008

If your concern is simply a stable frequency reference, that's true, even
though I am not sure what kind of cleanup oscillator would match the short
term stability of a maser. But also if you want to use it as a time
standard, the phase shift in the fiber has to be compensated, and it's
variations over temperature/humidity/gravity and whatnot must be accounted
for.

This is time-nuts, we don't simply want to make things work, we want to make
them work good :-)

Didier