[time-nuts] App Notes Voltage References

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 04:55:55 UTC 2008

I have several Tektronix DM5120 6 1/2 digit DVMs (actually a repackaged Keithley design) that I have been checking against the Malone Xicor voltage standard.  Over the last year or so,  it has proven to be rather stable (either that or it and the four meters are drifting in sync)...  much better than the specs would suggest.  The Tek meters ARE in need of a real calibration (along with a dozen or so DM501A's)...  I need to sweet talk my way into a cal lab or see if I can borrow/rent a Fluke 5700 and spend a weekend calibrating anything that moves.Most accurate DVMs have a rather long integration time.  I think that masks much of the noise of the Xicor chip.  It is certainly good for 4.5 digit meters and gives meaningful/repeatable data on 6.5 digit meters.