[time-nuts] And, for my next trick, 50Hz

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 10:51:20 UTC 2008

2008/10/4 Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz>:

> Such interpolation is more effective when one channel has a reference
> signal input (eg PPS or a known frequency) and the other channel has the
> frequency to be measured.

Agreed but the original idea was to measure frequency without a local
freq standard. If we have a local standard, it can be fed into the
time-base of any cheap counter to get accurate results. The idea was
to use a remote standard via NTP, synced and traceable to external
atomic standards, to achieve a reasonable degree of accuracy.

73
Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD