[time-nuts] THUNBERBOLT PACKET 0X8F-AB

Hank weyster at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 4 15:51:03 UTC 2008

While writing my own software to display time and other status information, I have noticed a very strange item when packet 0x8F-AB is being sent out.
Normally this packet has 17 bytes with 0XAB  being byte 0

While the time is being displayed by the new software, I noticed that every time the seconds reached 16 the display would be incorrect.  Wrote a special test routine, and there is an extra byte being sent by the Thunderbolt ( firmware REV E ) only for the packet that has seconds equal to 16.  ( 16 or 10h ) is send twice !!

Has anyone that is writing display software seen this or any other problem in the formats ?

I also verified this issue using Procom terminal software that has a monitor window and captures the data in HEX format !!

Hank