[time-nuts] OT: Open Hardware Repository

Javier Serrano javier.serrano.pareja at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 08:19:34 UTC 2008

Dear nuts,

Sorry for this posting, only indirectly related to timing. For a long time
I've been toying with the idea of a web-based Open Hardware Repository, and
now it looks like we could allocate some resources to building it. Here are
some preliminary and unofficial specs:
http://ab-dep-co-ht.web.cern.ch/ab-dep-co-ht/documents/2008/Hardware/OHRFuncSpec.pdf.
I have not found anywhere a kind of repository which would match these
requirements completely. It's intended to be for PCB design, in a much more
humble scale, what source forge is for software or opencores.org is for HDL.
Since many of the designs we'd put there are timing-related, I thought I'd
ask you for feedback:
- Do you think this is a good idea?
- Does this exist already somewhere?
- Any comments on the specs?
Feel free to answer directly to me if you think this is really off topic. I
would not like to spoil the fine SNR of this list. If I see there's lots of
interest I will post a summary.

Thanks,

Javier