[time-nuts] Help with HP 8640B generator

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Sep 6 11:50:56 EDT 2008

Going back to Agilent's origins at HP, AFAIK, only Hewlett and Packard
ever had traditional "offices" with walls to the ceiling and doors.
Their offices are preserved in the condition they were in when
H & P left the company.  Employees can visit these offices, which
are like a museum.

In practice, what executives do to is have a conference room reserved
at all times as a virtual office and use that as an office if they
want to have a private meeting.  If you are familiar with Star
Trek's Captain Picard, these work like his "ready room".

I spend most of my time in my lab, which is in an RF shielded room,
so it's almost like I have an office :-)

Rick Karlquist N6RK
HP 1979-1999