[time-nuts] unknown Motorola GPSDO

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 17:03:59 EDT 2008

Yes, with the jumpers in place it may not matter if the program is running or not, place the jumpers on the GPSDO RS232 connector and you may even be able to disconnect the PC end of the cable.

The other posibilty is some type of watchdog timer that is looking for data from the PC if that is the case a jumper between pins 2 and 3 may help. But that would be someting I tried last.

Stanley

PC---GPSDO
1 ------ 1 shield
2 ------ 2 Data
3 ------ 3 Data
7 ------ 7 GND

4\
5/

 6\
 8+
20/

Note pin numbers are 25 pin numbers 9 pin numbers are:

9
pin #
25
pin#
Acronym
Full name
Direction
Mean
3 2 TxD Transmit Data —» Transmits bytes out of PC
2 3 RxD Receive Data «— Receives bytes into PC
7 4 RTS Request To Send —» RTS/CTS flow control
8 5 CTS Clear To Send «— RTS/CTS flow control
6 6 DSR Data Set Ready  «— I'm ready to communicate
4 20 DTR Data Terminal Ready —» I'm ready to communicate
1 8 DCD Data Carrier Detect «— Modem connected to another
9 22 RI Ring Indicator «— Telephone line ringing
5 7 SG Signal Ground