[time-nuts] TBOLT communication

Predrag Dukic stijena at tapko.de
Wed Sep 24 09:10:10 EDT 2008

I had the same problem with some other devices, and I took apart
several converters.
Most of them were unable to generate sufficient levels for a proper
communication with rs232.
Internal charge pump was generating  +-6V instead of +-12 or +-15
that is normal for rs232.

Putting additional +-12 V source on the psu pins of the converter
chip might help.

Predrag Dukic