[time-nuts] homebrew 13 dBm distribution amplifier based on NIST design 5 to 100 MHz

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Fri Sep 26 17:36:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:21:49 -0400, you wrote:

>> >For maximum phase stability the BNC connectors should replaced by
>> >threaded connectors such as TNC, SMA , N etc.
>>
>> The next iteration will have to live with BNC because R&S smpd, hp8662A,
>> SNA-33 & friends all have BNCs and the holes in the 19" front plate of
>> my GPS disciplined XO are drilled already.
>
>TNCs will fit the same hole as will BNCs.

I won't change the 8662A; as long as it works I will not open it.
Hopefully for a long time. Its 10811 is probably better than
the MTI 230 in the GPS, noisewise.

I would like to limit this  to BNC, N, SMA and maybe APC / K  where it
cannot be avoided.
The number of converters required goes up with (n+1)**2,
the +1 for male/female. And that's optimistic.

regards, Gerhard