[time-nuts] Updated Divider Jitter Results - 74HC390

Pete peterawson at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 5 00:42:39 UTC 2009

Bruce,

Your analysis conforms closely to measured results on my DTS-2075.

With the cleanest 10MHz source I have, at 2Vp-p, the DTS-2075 jitter
reading is 11.4ps rms. Running this number back into equivalent input
noise yields 716uV rms. The DTS-2075 input spec (assumed to be
for -3dB response) is 700MHz, which should be nearly 900MHz
equivalent noise bandwidth. These numbers are all reasonable &
serve to demonstrate the need for low noise signal conditioning.

Pete Rawson