[time-nuts] Spring cleaning and antenna placement

Chris Cheney chris.cheney at tesco.net
Tue Apr 14 07:57:23 UTC 2009

> I had a look at it again... and I'd say it is more like 3 meters up from
> the chimney, but it is still 4 m up from the roof at the chimney so it is
> a bit hard to get to.

If you are in Scandinavia, the GPS birds will not spend much time (if
any?) to the north of you. Slide 12 of
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ecalais/teaching/geodesy/Satellite_orbits.pdf
suggests that the most northerly orbital point is at the latitude of
Denmark.

Attach a boom, pointing southwards, to the mast at a _convenient point_
and mount your GPS antenna at the end of the boom. The boom is to take
the GPS antenna out of the shadow of the TV antenna (but if the TV
antenna is actually pointing south the boom may need to be quite long).

(Hiring an antenna rigger still seems the best solution)

Chris
G3RSE