[time-nuts] RF mixers for oscillator characterization, some questions

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 20 01:15:23 UTC 2009

Bruce Griffiths skrev:
> Hej Magnus
>
> Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> Hej Bruce,
>>
>> Bruce Griffiths skrev:
>>> Hej magnus

>>> Do you mean a common mode choke with a common mode termination or
>>> perhaps a Guanella balun?
>> It's a common mode choke. I had to look very careful at the windings.
>>
>> What I think is resistors could also be inductors, but I kind of doubt
>> it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Magnus

>> and follow the instructions there.
>>

> Can you post an image so we can all have a guess?

It's not that easy to get everything into one picture, sveral is needed,
besides the fact that the PCB is double-sided. The cores is fairly smal
and the rubber fittings that holds them makes it harder to take a good
photo. It takes time to make quality photos that is useful for the purpose.

I'll see what I can do, but I think I would prioritze other things.

Cheers,
Magnus