[time-nuts] Geocities Shutting Down

Mike Monett xde-l2g3 at myamail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:09:23 UTC 2009

To all,

As you know by now, Yahoo is shutting down Geocities. If anyone has some
important web pages to move, may I suggest http://www.000webhost.com/

It is free, fast, and very reliable. You can sign on and start uploading to
your new web site in a few minutes.

The FTP logon and uploads are quick, with no blocked file extensions, and
they give extremely generous web space. Unless you are Dieter, you will
probably never approach the bandwidth limits.

Unlike many sites that place a obnoxious blinking banner ad at the top of
your web page, they place a tiny static ad at the bottom of the page that
says "Site Powered by 000webhost.com". Few people will even notice it. You
can upgrade to a paid subscription anytime you like.

I have searched the web for places to put my stuff, and these people are by
far the best I've found. Give them a try and let us know if you like them.

Mike