[time-nuts] Solartron 7081 ROMs

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 28 14:16:48 UTC 2009

This is a call to anyone who has a Solartron 7081 and has saved a copy of
their ROMs (if you haven't you may end up in the same boat as I am - the one
that's up the creek without a paddle).

One of the ROMs on my earthy processor board has died.

It would appear that the ROMs in this 7081 were updated to a high level of
firmware at some stage in its life as the total ROM image size is greater
than that of a set that was copied by Bill Ezell from his 7081 even though
his meter has a higher serial number (461) than mine (180).

The ICs in question and the CRC16 checksums (in hex) for my ROM set are:

 IC430	3238
 IC415	C5C0
 IC414	1260 <===== It is this one I want
 IC413	B958
 IC412	ED50

If you have saved your firmware ROM images, and the checksums for your ROMs
match these, I would be immensely grateful if you could send me the image
for IC414 (the middle one of the three).

If as a result of reading this message you feel impelled to save your ROM
images and find your checksums match these ...

Obviously if I can't find a good image of that ROM, I'll just install the
older firmware, but one never knows.

Cheers,
David Partridge