[time-nuts] E1938A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 30 13:17:08 UTC 2009

Fellow time-nuts (and Rick in particular),

I have been looking through the E1938A documentation available from
fellow time-nuts. There is some juicy pieces of information, but also
some holes.

I does not recall having seing a datasheet or users manual, as available
for the 10811 devices.

I (think) understand what RX and TX is for, the serial port at CMOS/TTL
levels, as it hookes directly to the PIC. But I wonder what the Data to
PIC, Data from PIC and PIC data ready is meant to do, looks like a
second serial port of some sort.

Also, I found another article on it which is not on Ricks homepage where
various design decisions etc on production is described. I have not
bothered to download it from IEEE, but if Rick could make it available
that would be a welcome and interesting reading.

Cheers,
Magnus