[time-nuts] New request for HP 3458A info

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 07:59:34 UTC 2009

Dick,

Measuring the A1 DC Board with another DC voltmeter, I'd expect near zero
volts DC between circuit ground and the junction of A1R19 and A1C23. (This
is the Low Voltage DC Input Line of the Input Signal Conditioning
circuitry.) If seeing a large positive DC offset I'd suspect A1Q26. If
seeing a large negative DC offset I'd suspect A1Q27. Both are J-FET N
Channel transistors, Agilent p/n 1855-0793.

If you don't have a DC offset problem there, I'd suspect some other fault
upstream on the A1 DC board. (The A1 DC board occupies the right half of the
top side of the instrument.)

Cheers,
Greg